Position: Part-Time Teller
Location: El Paso, TX
Click Here to Download This Posting as a PDF
Position Purpose: Provides a variety of paying and receiving functions, including processing deposits, withdrawals, loan payments, cashier’s checks, travelers checks, money orders, and cash advances. Balances each day’s transactions and verifies cash totals. Performs specific assigned side-jobs and assists other tellers with a variety of duties as required. Ensures that members are promptly and professionally served.
Essential Functions and Basic Duties:
- Assumes responsibility for the efficient, effective, and accurate performance of Teller functions.
- Receives share deposits and loan payments in person or by mail.
- Processes cash advances, traveler’s checks, cashier’s checks, money orders, government bonds and similar transactions.
- Disburses cash or check share withdrawals in person, by telephone, or by mail.
- Processes assigned transactions and balances at the end of each day. Receives and processes payroll deduction starts, stops, and increases.
- Verifies transactions, monitors deposit amounts, and examine documents for endorsement and negotiability.
- Performs drive-up teller and night drop functions as assigned.
- Maintains privacy of member account information.
- Notifies the collection department when a member has gone beyond their 15 day grace period, does not allow any member transactions without collectors or managements approval.
- Represents the Credit Union in a courteous and professional manner.
- Ensures that members’ requests and questions are promptly resolved.
- Ensures that all members are informed of Credit Union services and policies including eligibility for membership, types of available accounts, interest and dividend rates, payroll deduction options, and other related services and information.
- Ensures that the Credit Union’s quality reputation is maintained and projected. Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective coordination and working relationships with area personnel and with management.
- Assists area personnel as required.
- Keeps supervisor informed of area activities of any significant problems or concerns.
- Completes required reports and records accurately and promptly.
- Attends meetings and trainings as required. Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.*
- Ensures that work area is clean, well maintained, and secure.
- Performs related clerical duties as required.
- Teller functions are efficiently, effectively, and accurately performed in accordance with established policies, standards, and security procedures.
- Monies are balanced and any discrepancies promptly resolved. A balancing record that meets established standards is maintained.
- Good business relations exist with members. Members’ problems or questions are courteously and promptly resolved.
- Good working relationships and coordination exist with area personnel and with management. Assistance is provided to other Tellers and staff as needed. Supervisors are appropriately informed of area activities.
- Required reports and records are accurate, complete, and timely.
- The Credit Union’s professional reputation is maintained and conveyed.
- High school graduate or equivalent. Required Knowledge: Knowledge of Teller policies and procedures. Basic understanding of Credit Union operations.
- Six months cash handling experience. Abilities generally acquired on the job in 12 months.
- Good communication, math, and typing skills.
- Professional appearance, dress, and attitude.
- Ability to operate related computer applications and business equipment including adding machine, typewriter, copy machine, coin and money counting machines, and telephone.